Like me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenny-Block/118385024943309

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Climbing in Joshua Tree

Photo courtesy of Matt Walker/Inner Passage

Believe it or not, yours truly is going on her very first climbing trip. I will be climbing with Matt Walker of Inner Passage in Joshua Tree. I am so excited. I met Matt when I climbed my very first rock wall this summer at Miraval


I've been trying to get in shape for the big event ever despite fighting the ever present Texas allergies. Ugh.


I had no idea how much gear was involved with a trip like this. So, along with writing about my climbing experiences, I will also be writing about the various gear I will be taking along, including:


base layers, a hard shell, and pants from Mammut
a soft shell jacket from Westcomb
a nano puff jacket from Pattagonia
socks from Point6
sunglasses from Julbo
a helmet and headlamp from Petzl
a chalkbag from Metolius
climbing shoes and trail shoes from Scarpa
headwear from Buff
hats from Tilley
clothes from Lole


Lots more to come! Until then, back to yoga, nia, power walking, and power packing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment