Believe it or not I have never been skiing or snowboarding. Crazy, I know! But I am planning a trip in February to finally learn. I am heading out to Utah and I am so excited!
If you're ready to learn too, you might want to check out some of these deals that resorts are offering in January for National Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month.
See you on the slopes!!
• Alta Ski Area is offering First Time Skiers Learn to Ski Package all season long in the spirit of January’s Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. For a total package price of $179, first time skiers will receive four two-hour class lessons, four beginner lift tickets and four days of equipment rental. To make reservations for all four days, contact the Alf Engen Ski School at Alta at 801.359.1078 ext. 271.
• Brighton Ski Resort is offering a complete ski package for $39 which includes morning or afternoon lessons, all-day rental and a day-learner lift pass. Available dates for this offer are valid through January 1- February 2, 2011. More information available at BrightonResort.com.
• Canyons is offering a $39 package for children ages 4 -14 through the month of January. The package includes a lift pass, lesson and rental for $13 each. More information can be found at TheCanyons.com.
• Deer Valley Resort is hosting a Ski Utah Learn to Ski Program Jan. 29, 2011, for never-ever skiers and Utah locals, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. The clinic cost is $39 and includes rentals, lift pass and a three hour ski lesson. Make reservations by calling 435.645.6648 and mention “Ski Utah Learn to Ski Program.”
• Utah’s newest resort Eagle Point is offering several different packages to fit your family. For $36 enjoy an adult or child afternoon group beginner lesson, half-day lift ticket and rental. For adults, an all-day lift ticket, group lesson and rental is only $49. Another perfect option for the kids, is an all-day child lift ticket, group lesson, rental and lunch for $59. Pre-register by calling 435.554.8777.
• Park City Mountain Resort’s popular StarNOW program is back this year and a great offer for beginner skiers and snowboarders. StartNOW offers a pay-as-you-go program, for up to five times, for $25 each day. The package includes lift access, afternoon ski or snowboard lesson, and equipment rental. Lessons filled up quickly last year so reserve your spot now at StartNow.pcmr.com.
• Snowbasin is offering incentive for learning to ski or snowboarding this January. Through their offer, children seven and older, and adults, who complete three beginner lessons, which include rentals and beginner lift pass, and a Snowsport Recreational Program are eligible to receive a free season pass. For information, pricing and reservations call 801.620.1015.
• Starting January 7, 2011, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort will be offering a $39 inclusive package for Adult beginners 16 and older. Package includes beginner lift ticket, morning or afternoon ski or snowboard lesson and equipment rental. Also, return during January and receive $30 off a regular workshop price. Log onto Snowbird.com for more information.
• Solitude Mountain Resort is offering a Learn to Ski package on select days in January at a 58 percent discount to celebrate January’s Learn to Ski and Snowboard month. First time skiers or snowboarders receive three half-day beginner lessons, rentals and a lift ticket for $165 plus a free lift ticket. To make reservations now call 801.536.5730 or email@example.com.
• Sundance is offering a $75 half-day lesson and a $50 nighttime lesson Sunday-Thursday all season long. Skiers must be six or older and snowboarders seven or older. The package can be purchased at www.sundanceresort.com/explore/wnt_events_discounts.html.
• Wolf Mountain is offering a $39 package for beginner skiers and boarders over the age of 8. The package includes lift pass, group lesson and rental and is valid any weekday up until January 31, 2011.
A complete list of resort deals and discounts can be found at www.skiutah.com/winter/locals/lssm/.
Nationwide alpine ski, snowboard, cross-country and snowshoe packages can be found at www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org.