Like me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenny-Block/118385024943309

Monday, March 2, 2009

One Big Happy Family Redux

Uh, yeah. So, I just realized I never even told you about "One Big Happy Family: 18 Writers Talk About Polyamory, Open Adoption, Mixed Marriage, Househusbandry, Single Motherhood, and Other Realities of Truly Modern Love." It's this fabulous new collection of essays edited by Rebecca Walker  (yes, she is Alice Walker's daughter), which opens up with a piece I wrote called "And Then We Were Poly." The book is receiving rave reviews. Publishers Weekly loved it and so did Kirkus, which gave it a starred review. 

It's a book about what it means to be a family. And let's just say that more than one of the essays made me cry and all of them made me proud to be a part of such a ground-breaking work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment