Like me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenny-Block/118385024943309

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How to blog

People often ask my advice about starting or writing a blog. A friend of mine asked me just today, in fact. So, I thought I'd share the advice I generally give.

These are the two best pieces of writing advice I have ever received -

1. Butt in chair.

2. Honesty. Always. Or don't bother.

My writing mentor says that the biggest problem people have is simply not sitting down and doing it. So, sit down and do it. You'll be ahead of 75% of people who say they want to write but don't.

She always always tells us that honest writing is the best writing. Forget what you think people want to hear or how you think something should unfold or any of that other stuff that your "inner critic" will torture you with. Shut down the shoulds. Write what you know. Write the truth. And people will respond.



Check back for more tips. In the meantime - Butt in chair...

1 comment: