Like me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenny-Block/118385024943309

Friday, April 19, 2013

There's a new Salata in town!



I'm not always a salad girl. But when I am, I like them fresh with lots of topping choices.

A new Salata opened yesterday on Blackburn in Uptown and it fits my salad bill perfectly. I like my salads like I like most of my foods - with an Asian flair.

So, I opted for the Salata mix, which has a nice variety of lettuces, cabbage, and spinach. Then I added snow peas, bean sprouts, cranberries, oranges, almonds, pita crisps, and herb-marinated shrimp.

My salad maker was very nice about adding as much - or as little - as I wanted. Next time I'll remember to ask for more oranges. And the shrimp weren't very exciting. They were a tad bit overcooked and the seasoning didn't do much for me.

When I hit Salata again, I'll go for the chicken instead (of which there are four varieties - Herb Marinated Grilled, Pesto, Spicy Chipotle, Asian BBQ). My colleague over at the Cleansed Palate said the Spicy Chipotle was delish.

I tasted a couple of dressings and went with the Ginger Lime. It was awesome but a little fat heavy for me. So, I asked for a smaller portion. Next time I'll likely go fat-free mango.

They also offer salad wraps and soups.

Considering the size of the portions and the options, Salata is very nicely priced at $8.00 for salads  and $7.00 for wraps. Adding chicken adds $2 to the salad ($1 to the wrap) and adding seafood (they also have salmon, krabmeat, and seafood mix) adds $3 ($2 to the wrap), a little pricey for the latter to my mind.

Bite size brownies and cookies round out their menu, and although I was a good girl and steered clear this time around, I have to say they looked very tasty.

The new Salata is bright and well-staffed and ideal for a quick bite at a nice price. And if their first days are any indication, this is going to be yet another busy Uptown eatery.

Uptown
3000 Blackburn
Dallas, Texas 75204







 (214) 599-8507
Mon-Fri: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat-Sun: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment